.The faucet cartridge is the piece that a mixer tap has inside and is responsible for opening, closing and mixing the water.
You may find yourself in the situation of having to change the cartridge of your faucet and you had not done it before. Don't worry, that's why we are going to tell you step by step how you can change it yourself when necessary, so you don't have to wait any longer than necessary and continue using your taps in the correct conditions, with all the comfort.
The important previous step that you must take into account is to close the stopcocks to avoid complications and mishaps with the water in the bathroom.
1. Loosen the fastening screw of the knob that regulates both the temperature and the flow. Behind the knob you will find a small flat plug, loosen it and then carefully pry it out with a screwdriver. You will now see a hole through which you can loosen and remove the screw holding the controller to the cartridge.
2.Remove the remote and bezel. Now you will see the regulating mechanism that remains inside the tap, that is, the cartridge.
3. Loosen the cartridge fixing nut with a wrench.
4. Take out the cartridge from inside the faucet body. Make sure you don't lose any o-rings.
5. Replace the cartridge with the replacement you previously purchased.
6. Once the cartridge has been replaced, you can reassemble the parts and leave the tap ready for use.
Perform the above steps in reverse order: place the o-rings, tighten the lock nut and trim. Finally, place the control in its initial position, place the retaining screw and the plug.